The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2023/11/03 - Big Issue

Go down

2023/11/03 - Big Issue Empty 2023/11/03 - Big Issue

Post by jade1013 Thu 30 Nov - 10:40

David Duchovny interview: The X-Files star on The Music That Made Me

Big Issue
3 de nov. de 2023

The Music That Made Me – The Big Issue's video series exploring the influences of your favourite artists – is back! And for our first episode of season 2, we're joined by The X-Files star, novelist and musician David Duchovny.

Between his era-defining role as Fox Mulder in The X-Files, ahead-of-its-time portrayal of trans FBI officer Denise Bryson in Twin Peaks, and Golden Globe-winning turn as writer Hank Moody on Californication, David Duchovny has been shaping our television landscape for decades. His acting legacy assured, in his 50s Duchovny picked up a guitar and started to teach himself to play, relying on free tablature website Chordie to find his way through songs by The Beatles, Robbie Robertson and The Flaming Lips.

David Duchovny released his first album, Hell or Highwater, in 2015. At 63, he’s about to head out on the road across the UK in support of his second, Gestureland. But first, he sat down with The Big Issue to explain his journey on the first episode of The Music That Made Me season two.

00:00 David Duchovny: The Music That Made Me
01:34 Puff, the Magic Dragon and the end of childhood
02:03 High on Yes’s Topographic Oceans
03:00 Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, and knowing your limits
03:57 The White Album, and Ringo on a plane
05:02 Lou Reed, Anohni and the power of hope

David Duchovny plays Edinburgh Assembly Room on 6 Oct, Glasgow’s Old Fruitmarket on 7 Oct and Cadogan Hall, London on 8 & 10 Oct 2023. https://www.davidduchovny.com/

Gestureland by David Duchovny is out now.
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 116930
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Back to top Go down