The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2023/11/02 - Spectrum News

Go down

2023/11/02 - Spectrum News Empty 2023/11/02 - Spectrum News

Post by jade1013 Fri 3 Nov - 11:30

Meg Ryan and David Duchovny in Bleecker Street’s "What Happens Later." (Image courtesy of Bleecker Street)

Meg Ryan, David Duchovny are 2 star-crossed lovers in 'What Happens Later'

By Paco Ramos-Moreno Los Angeles
PUBLISHED 5:45 PM PT Nov. 02, 2023

LOS ANGELES — After an eight-year hiatus, Meg Ryan is returning to the big screen not only as an actor but as director of “What Happens Later.”

The film also stars David Duchovny.

In the film, Duchovny and Ryan play Bill and Willa — two star-crossed lovers who end up stranded in an airport during a snowstorm and not only find themselves just as attracted and annoyed by one another as they did decades earlier, but they also unpack their turbulent past.

As they compare their lives and the dreams they once shared, they wonder if their reunion is a mere coincidence or something more enchanted.

“What Happens Later” is based on a play called “Shooting Star” by Steven Dietz.

In an interview with Spectrum News, Ryan said it was time to bring the story into the modern world.

2023/11/02 - Spectrum News What_Happens_Later_CA_MegRyan
Meg Ryan and David Duchovny in Bleecker Street’s "What Happens Later." (Image courtesy of Bleecker Street)

“We evolved the characters. We evolved the character of the airport. It just felt like it was ripe for modernizing,” she said.

The film isn’t the first time in the director’s chair for Ryan, but she said she enjoys both acting and directing, even though both are very different.

“It is a rare thing when 100 people are listening to you, and it is fun. I was very surprised by how much fun I had acting because I had not really thought about doing that so much, but it was really, really fun — especially because of David,” she said.

Will there be a “What Happens Even Later”?

“The movie has them together and apart. Together and apart. Their whole history of their lives, they are trying to find balance, they are trying to resolve. I just feel like that continues,” said Ryan.

“I don’t know what is going to happen, but I can’t imagine those two not talking again,” said Duchovny.

Duchovny also told Spectrum News that what moved him about the film was the passage of time.

“There aren’t a lot of movies that chart a love story over this many years. Passage of time is very moving, very sad and very potent for all of us. I felt this was a movie that honors that in ways I have not seen very often,” he said.

“What Happens Later” opens in theaters on Nov. 3.

Click the arrow above to watch the full interview.

NY1
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 116930
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Back to top Go down