The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

3 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 Empty Re: David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

Post by jade1013 Fri 17 Jun - 21:28

Why The X-Files' Next Season Needs To Happen As Soon As Possible

By Nick Venable
1 hour ago

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 F1532a016dc83c03a94c6cf23768cf51d55a144a

When it comes to this year's long-awaited return of The X-Files, the only real truth out there is that it was far too short and far too jumbled, though the majority of fans still found much to get giddy about. The sci-fi hit has no plan in place to return for more episodes, and the way Gillian Anderson is talking, Fox had better start making some big decisions quick, otherwise she's making no Scully-proof guarantees. Here's what the actress said about a potential eleventh season.

I'm open to the conversation, though they haven't come to us yet. I have no clue when they're going to. I'm getting on with the rest of my life and I'm booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.

Is it just me, or does it not sound like Gillian Anderson spoke those words while jabbing a pushpin into a doll's eye? Probably not the case, but that's about as forcefully as you can declare something without sarcasm or snark watering it down. Anderson is laying it out there that she will not simply put the rest of her life on hold just for The X-Files, since she has plenty of other projects to keep her busy these days, including The Fall and American Gods.

If you listen to Fox, though, network exec Dana Walden said that conversations were had with both stars, along with creator Chris Carter, and that she thought everyone was down with another round. But Gillian Anderson's comments to Deadline present a very different picture, and co-star David Duchovny didn't speak up to say that he'd talked to anyone either.

This isn't the first time Anderson is making veiled ultimatums to Fox about another X-Files season, as she'd previously made it very clear that she would not displace herself from her London home for an extended production schedule in New York or Vancouver. The bottom line of that meant that she would make the voyage if the episode order and the amount of money offered both pleased her. (Duchovny is down for a change in episode count, too.) The initial deal Fox offered her for this return did not win her over in the least, so everyone at the network had better think carefully about how they'd like to proceed as far as locking Anderson down.

Considering The X-Files was the most-watched new show of the year so far - and yes, I think anything returning to the air after over a decade counts as "new" - Fox should be throwing money and attention at everyone involved with the sci-fi hit. And time is of the essence.

Cinema Blend

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 116930
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Back to top Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 Empty Re: David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

Post by sir Sat 18 Jun - 3:05

Thanks

sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Registration date : 2007-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sat 18 Jun - 8:01

X-Files: David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson ‘Open’ to Season 11

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 David-Duchovny-as-Mulder-and-Gillian-Anderson-as-Scully-in-The-X-Files-Season-10-Episode-2

Arguably the first sci-fi series to crossover into the mainstream of pop culture, The X-Files was appointment television throughout the majority of its 9 season run, and turned stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson into household names. Following the series’ cancellation in 2002, fans wondered whether the world would ever get more Mulder and Scully adventures. Unfortunately, the first attempt at continuing the franchise turned out to be 2008’s largely-panned film I Want to Believe, which disappointed viewers by telling a generic case of the week story and completely ignoring the lingering mythology plot threads.

Thankfully, 2016’s 6-episode X-Files revival season set out to right those wrongs, granting focus to both government conspiracies and offbeat monster encounters. While not every episode earned rave reviews, the ratings were both impressive and consistent, coming in second only to hit music drama Empire in the 2015-2016 season statistics for FOX. The numbers clearly illustrate that a desire still exists to follow Mulder and Scully on their quest for the truth, and to no one’s surprise, network executives have expressed a desire to create another limited batch of episodes.

That said, FOX may want more X-Files, but do Duchovny and Anderson? After all, both actors remain highly in-demand, with Duchovny currently starring in NBC’s Aquarius and Anderson set to be a series regular on Starz’ American Gods. The duo was asked that very question during a Deadline interview, and offered the following sentiments on the matter.

Anderson: For me, it was important that I thought of this season as being just these six shows when we were doing it. The long insanity of the schedule [demanded it]. I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.

Duchovny: I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask. This one was, “Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.” But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I’m sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that’s what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 Gillian-Anderson-and-David-Duchovny-in-The-X-Files-Season-10-Episode-4

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny in The X Files Season 10 Episode 4 X Files: David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson Open to Season 11
While some hesitancy about returning to the heavy schedule is apparent, both Anderson and Duchovny seem open to returning for season 11 if the circumstances surrounding its creation are correct. Neither seems to want to come back for the hell of it, preferring to once again inhabit the roles of Mulder and Scully only if they feel that the material Chris Carter and the rest of the X-Files team come up with merits doing another round of cases.

On the other hand, both actors acknowledge the potential enjoyment and challenge involved in returning to the X-Files world, with Anderson referring to the series as “something I would potentially look forward to doing again. It’s a nice thing to have in one’s life” and Duchovny calling his initial years on the show “a gift in that I took myself to school, and taught myself how to be an actor.“

During the upfronts, FOX execs said that if The X-Files were to get a season 11, it wouldn’t air until at least the 2017-2018 season. Will the truth still be out there by then? Only Duchovny and Anderson know for sure.

Screenrant.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sat 18 Jun - 10:46

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 Xfiles18

Duchovny, Anderson talk X-Files Season 11!

By Clint - Jun 18, 2016

At the upfronts last month, Fox remarked that this year’s “X-Files” revival snared successful enough ratings for another go-round.In a yak with Deadline today, stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson said that while there’s been no official talks to continue the show, if they could find time, and find a way to make the next season even better, they’d likely be up for another season.

At the upfronts last month there was talk about this continuing. That afterlife you spoke of at the very start; is that still there? Is there still unfinished X-Files business?

Anderson: For me, it was important that I thought of this season as being just these six shows when we were doing it. The long insanity of the schedule [demanded it]. I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.

Is there a sense from you of wanting to do more, though? Has this season increased the desire?

Duchovny: I don’t know… I’m pausing, and I don’t know why I’m pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask. This one was, “Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.” But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I’m sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that’s what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 X-files-art-2

Anderson: David and I have solidified and intensified our friendship and our working relationship since the series ended, so it really is just going back and choosing to work with somebody, and feeling like we are doing something that only the two of us have the experience of. We’re there for each other, and enjoy that in and of itself. It was something I looked forward to with this series, and something I would potentially look forward to doing again. It’s a nice thing to have in one’s life.

Duchovny: I agree with that, and it’s going to sound really pedestrian, and not at all lofty, but when I think back to the beginnings of the show, and what I thought acting was—what I thought I could do as an actor—the gift this show gave me was having to go to work. Having to work as hard as we did, every day, for 14 hours a day, over 10 months, for five years in a row. That was a gift in that I took myself to school, and taught myself how to be an actor. For both Gillian and me, it was really sink or swim at that point, and to be able to do that with great material, and talented people helping us along… it could have gone in another direction, so I’m thankful, I think, just for the hard work that it was in the beginning, and the appreciation it gave me for what I do. It didn’t kill us, anyway.

Moviehole.stfi.re
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sat 18 Jun - 11:27

David Duchovny And Gillian Anderson Open To More X-Files

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 X-files-mulder-scully-186481

The return of Chris Carter's The X-Files was a welcome surprise for fans last season, and while it might not happen immediately, there are rumors of another 6 episode season happening down the line.

Series stars Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully) and David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) were happy to reunite for the project, and when Deadline broached the subject of possibly doing another one, they didn't say no. For her part, Anderson hasn't yet heard anything directly about a follow-up but is open to the conversation.

"For me, it was important that I thought of this season as being just these six shows when we were doing it. The long insanity of the schedule [demanded it]. I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture."

As for Duchovny, he seems a bit more hesitant, though if there is something interesting at play to keep the cast invested and make the next season even better, he seems to be up for it.

"I don’t know… I’m pausing, and I don’t know why I’m pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask. This one was, “Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.” But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I’m sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that’s what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way."

Gillian loves how the two have shared this experience together over the years, and looks forward to possibly doing it again, saying: "David and I have solidified and intensified our friendship and our working relationship since the series ended, so it really is just going back and choosing to work with somebody, and feeling like we are doing something that only the two of us have the experience of. We’re there for each other, and enjoy that in and of itself. It was something I looked forward to with this series, and something I would potentially look forward to doing again. It’s a nice thing to have in one’s life."

Both actors are in the midst of other projects, so if the show does come back for another season, it might not happen right away. The good news is that if they keep the same 6 episode structure, it should make it easier to fit in between other projects.

Comicbook.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sat 18 Jun - 12:06

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny Are Open To Discussing Another Season of The X-Files

I want to believe they won't leave us with that cliffhanger season 10 finale.
by Carly Lane | 12:00 pm, June 18th, 2016

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 Xfiles-640x324

After the success of the revival of The X-Files, the only question that seemed to remain was not if, but when the stars would return for more.

Last month FOX shared that it was definitely a subject of several talks had with not just the show’s creator Chris Carter but with leads David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as well. It also seems to be a question on every reporter’s mind every time Duchovny or Anderson take an interview–but thankfully it sounds like both of them are down to return.

In a joint interview with Duchovny for Deadline, Anderson spoke with Deadline about playing Dana Scully again, saying that she’s “open to the conversation”, though when that’s going to take place isn’t exactly certain. However, she’s not sitting around waiting for the call: “I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had.” (We definitely know that’s true, since she just finished up a fabulous run as Blanche in A Streetcar Named Desire at St. Ann’s Warehouse and she’s already started shooting Bryan Fuller’s American Gods adaptation for Starz!)

In Duchovny’s mind, returning to The X-Files was proof in itself that the show could thrive again, but he’d want to take that success and build on it if they decided to go the way of another season: “I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better?”

So while it sounds like TPTB are feeling fairly optimistic about the prospect of another X-Files miniseries, it’s still likely a little ways off yet. (Reports are saying it would likely happen over the 2017-18 season.) As someone who watched (and recapped) the miniseries as a devoted fan of the series, I’ll admit some parts of season 10 were more successful than others–but overall, I was excited to have Mulder and Scully back on my TV again, and I think there’s still potential for future stories there. But hey, FOX, how about we do a better job of paying Anderson what she’s entitled to next time around, huh?

The Mary Sue
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sat 18 Jun - 12:14

MORE X-FILES? DAVID DUCHOVNY AND GILLIAN ANDERSON ARE OPEN BUT NOT ENTHUSIASTIC

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 Mulder-scully-xfiles

MORE X-FILES? DAVID DUCHOVNY AND GILLIAN ANDERSON ARE OPEN BUT NOT ENTHUSIASTIC
June 18, 2016 | TV News
Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) in 'X-Files'

The X-Files return this year was highly anticipated and well-received, but don’t count on David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to push for another season.

The stars who play investigators/agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully were glad to reunite for the special series, but when asked about the possibility of doing it again, they appeared less than enthusiastic.

In an interview with Deadline, Gillian Anderson said:

For me, it was important that I thought of this season as being just these six shows when we were doing it. The long insanity of the schedule [demanded it]. I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.

David Duchovny was also hesitant, saying:

I don’t know… I’m pausing, and I don’t know why I’m pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask.

This one was, “Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.” But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I’m sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that’s what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way.

If you’re looking for another series of X-Files shows, keep your fingers crossed.

Superfable.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Sat 18 Jun - 13:00

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 122jg5i
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sat 18 Jun - 13:30

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson 'on Board' for 'X-Files' Season 11

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 David-duchovny-and-gillian-anderson-on-board-for-x-files-season-11

FOX's executive confirms 'conversations' with the two original stars about the possibility of another installment of 'The X-Files'.

FOX's CEO Dana Walden adds fuel about the continuation of "The X-Files". He confirms that there have been "conversations" with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson about season 11. Creator Chris Carter is also open to return for another season.

"I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show," the executive says as quoted by TVLine during a conference call. Admitting they have scheduling hurdles to overcome, he adds, "Hopefully, this time next year we will have more news."

Duchovny is now starring on NBC's "Aquarius" while Anderson has been tapped for Starz's "American Gods". Anderson recently told Deadline, "I'm open to the conversation, though they haven't come to us yet. I have no clue when they're going to."

She went on, "I'm getting on with the rest of my life and I'm booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture."

Duchovny said, "I don't know ... I'm pausing, and I don't know why I'm pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it's possible to still get it. It doesn't not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That's a question we'd want to ask."

He added, "This one was, 'Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.' But now it's like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I'm sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that's what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way."

Aceshowbiz.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Sat 18 Jun - 16:06

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 122jg5i
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sun 19 Jun - 4:03

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson talk about returning for more episodes of The X-Files

By Ruchinka Upadhyaya
June 19, 2016 11:39 BST

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 X-files-episode-6

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson recently reprised their fan-favorite characters of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in The X-Files miniseries that aired in January 2016 on Fox. The actors have now revealed the possibility of returning for more episodes.

Anderson told Deadline that she has "no clue when they're going to return" with more X-Files episodes. She said, "For me, it was important that I thought of this season as being just these six shows when we were doing it. The long insanity of the schedule [demanded it]. I'm open to the conversation, though they haven't come to us yet. I have no clue when they're going to."

"I'm getting on with the rest of my life and I'm booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture, " Anderson added.

When asked whether he would like to do more episodes of The X-Files, David Duchovny said, "I don't know... I'm pausing, and I don't know why I'm pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it's possible to still get it. It doesn't work."

The Aquarius actor went on to explain the difficulties of bringing back Mulder and Scully back and making the show interesting. He shared." And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That's a question we'd want to ask. This one was, "Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work." But now it's like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I'm sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that's what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way."

Meanwhile, Andersen said, "It was something I looked forward to with this series, and something I would potentially look forward to doing again. It's a nice thing to have in one's life."

Ibtimes.co.uk
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Sun 19 Jun - 4:38

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny Sun 19 Jun - 4:45

thanks
Duchovny
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 17467
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sun 19 Jun - 5:24

GILLIAN ANDERSON AND DAVID DUCHOVNY ON THEIR INTEREST IN THE X-FILES SEASON 11

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 Xf_sc7pt28pt1_0003r_hires2
Credit: Ed Araquel/FOX

It’s been almost four months since the season 10 finale of FOX’s revival of hit paranormal series The X-Files and still fans are seething at that cliffhanger. Well not so much the cliffhanger per se, more the fact that we are left dangling with that ending and no confirmation of or time frame set for an eleventh season. While there has been plenty of talk from FOX and series creator Chris Carter, a recent interview with stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny provides further evidence that this may be a very long time coming.

Though a bit cagey around the subject of returning once again for another season, neither star has ruled it out or stated that they are not at all interested in bringing back Fox Mulder and Dana Scully for some more unsolved mysteries. However, discussions about season 11 have not yet reached them, implying a new season is in its infancy stages of planning… if even there.

Speaking to Deadline last month, Anderson said, “I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to.” Duchovny paused [“I don’t know why I’m pausing”] when asked if having done season 10 and the response that it received, did it increase his desire to do more episodes. He said, “I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask. This one was, “Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.” But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us?”

Finding an interesting angle for a new season isn’t the only issue facing the production, filming The X-Files for Anderson and Duchovny is an extremely intense period of time, with 14 hour days over a number of weeks, and neither star is exactly sitting at home waiting for that phone to ring.

“I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs,” Anderson commented, “so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.”

Coordinating schedules was something the production had to juggle with season 10, but that was able to all come together so there’s no reason that we can’t expect them to line up once again. We just might have to hang onto that cliff for quite a while as FOX chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman hinted back in May that The X-Files was unlikely to make a reappearance until the 2017-18 TV season.

4ye.co.uk
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Sun 19 Jun - 5:25

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sun 19 Jun - 12:03

‘The X-Files’ Star David Duchovny Asks ‘How Do We Make It Work Even Better?

Leading up to the revival of The X-Files, ultimately renamed season 10, fan excitement and actor enthusiasm for the return of the series was hardly containable with internet campaigns ensuring that a new season for The X-Files came to fruition. By the time season 10 of The X-Files aired, the fans were already looking forward to and hoping for a season 11. The final installment of the six episode run seemed to demand more, leaving Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) near death and trapped on a jammed highway with his partner Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson), as a menacing spaceship descended down upon those confined to that bridge. That scenario begs for another run of The X-Files, but now the series stars sound far less enthusiastic about the idea of returning for more.

David Duchovny Is Open To Doing More With The X-Files, But On One Condition

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 13408841_1730979730493606_536735460_n

A few months ago, FOX CEO Dana Walden issued a statement that the studio was very interested in continuing The X-Files and that plans were beginning to develop for a season 11 of The X-Files. Walden even went as far as to say that talks were underway with both David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, but it now seems that Ms. Walden was getting ahead of herself in making claims of conferences with the two X-Files leads. While both Duchovny and Anderson deny that any such meetings have taken place, David seems to feel that The X-Files is due for an overhaul, or, at the very least, a redefined mission statement, if the series is to continue.

The X-Files actor recently said that he feels The X-Files should become something better, if the series is to continue. Duchovny says season 10 was a way of testing the waters, to see if they could actually bring The X-Files back and to see if it would draw the kind of mass appeal it had garnered throughout its original run. Having accomplished that, Mr. Duchovny suggests that it would be proper to set the bar higher, if The X-Files is to move forward.

“I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask,” says David Duchovny. “This one was, ‘Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.’ But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us?”

Gillian Anderson Won’t Put Her Life On Hold To Play Dana Scully

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 12826255_973867429356280_1703595858_n

In spite of the enthusiasm with which the FOX network would seem to have for delivering more seasons of The X-Files, they have apparently been dragging their heels in contacting the stars. According to Gillian Anderson, no meetings have taken place and, as far as she knows, no plans have been made to proceed with season 11 of The X-Files.

“I have no clue when they’re going to [ask us about returning]. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had,” Gillian says of plans for another season of The X-Files. “And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.”

No one can blame Anderson for moving on in light of the apparent procrastination FOX has established in moving forward with The X-Files, which is a shame, because even Gillian has expressed a a feeling of joy and comfort in reuniting with Duchovny and creator Chris Carter on The X-Files. She says that both Duchovny and herself now come to the project because that’s something they choose, as opposed to the early seasons of The X-Files, when the success of their careers depended heavily on doing the weekly series.

“We’re there for each other, and enjoy that in and of itself,” The X-Files actress adds. “It was something I looked forward to with this series, and something I would potentially look forward to doing again. It’s a nice thing to have in one’s life.”

[Image by FOX]

Inquisitr.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Sun 19 Jun - 12:04

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Sun 19 Jun - 19:02

‘X Files’ 2016 Reboot Gets Season 2? Scully May Have a New Partner!

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 13493019_1624759557841878_2064771261_n
facebook.com/thexfilesonfox

1 hour ago / By Angela Perez

This year’s “The X-Files” revival was such a huge hit. The six-episode reboot came over a decade since the show’s last full season aired. However, old and new fans alike embraced the series. Will the revival really get a second season?

Fox has yet to confirm if they are going to make a follow-up season. However, according to ComicBook.com, one of the show’s original stars, David Duchovny, is “a bit more hesitant” about shooting more episodes. Will this mean Gillian Anderson will get a new on-screen partner if they make another season?

The two stars returned on screen this year as Dana Scully and Fox Mulder. Although hesitant, Duchovny did not exactly say no when asked if he was willing to return for another “X-Files” installment. In an interview with Deadline.com, the actor admitted he was a bit apprehensive at first when he was asked to take on his “X-Files” role again after nearly 15 years. But seeing the episodes they completed this year made him more confident to move forward with it. “It is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be,” he explained. “I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work…But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us?”

Anderson, on the other hand, said the show’s producers have yet to come to them about another season. “I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to,” the actress admitted.

Duchovny, meanwhile, said they will work doubly hard to make the show better if an “X-Files” follow-up ever gets made. “If we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask,” the actor said.

Australia Network News
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sun 19 Jun - 19:21

Thanks
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 Empty THE X-FILES: IS THERE A POSSIBILITY OF A SERIES EXTENSION?

Post by sir Mon 20 Jun - 3:21

THE X-FILES: IS THERE A POSSIBILITY OF A SERIES EXTENSION?

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 The-X-Files1

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson returned to the small screen when they reprised their roles as Mulder and Scully in the six-episode special series of The X-Files. It was a long wait for all their fans as the original series was last shown on television in 2002. Last month, the stars had a reunion of sorts over the phone and had the opportunity to talk about the show.

Among other things, the actors talked about the possibility of extending the series. This was elaborated by Dana Walden, co-chairman of the Fox TV Group, during an upfront press call that took place last month. “We had conversations with creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show,” Walden said, according to a report that came out on the Deadline website in May. Co-chairman Gary Newman was quite optimistic and even said that the installment may come out in the 2017-2018 TV season.

Deadline recently came out with an updated report that gave more details about Duchovny and Anderson’s phone reunion. Although neither of them confirmed a series extension, both actors admitted that they were open to discussing it. Anderson said, “I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet.”

For his part, Duchovny was more concerned about how to make the show better and more interesting for everyone. The most difficult aspect of a new installment at this point in his life, he said, is dealing with his character’s naivete and youthfulness. Since he is already in his 50s, Duchovny had to do some changes in his interpretation of Mulder.

Anderson believes that if they were to do more of The X-Files, she and Duchovny will not have problems in terms of their working relationship. “It really is just going back and choosing to work with somebody, and feeling like we are doing something that only the two of us have the experience of.”

Both The X-Files actors are currently busy with different projects. Duchovny is working on the show Aquarius, which is about to end its second season, and Anderson is appearing in an off-Broadway production of A Streetcar Named Desire.

Hofmag.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 20 Jun - 3:29

David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson “on board” for “X-Files” season 11

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 215108

June 20, 2016 - 13:26 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - FOX's CEO Dana Walden adds fuel about the continuation of "The X-Files". He confirms that there have been "conversations" with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson about season 11. Creator Chris Carter is also open to return for another season, AceShowbiz said.

"I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show," the executive says as quoted by TVLine during a conference call. Admitting they have scheduling hurdles to overcome, he adds, "Hopefully, this time next year we will have more news."

Duchovny is now starring on NBC's "Aquarius" while Anderson has been tapped for Starz's "American Gods". Anderson recently told Deadline, "I'm open to the conversation, though they haven't come to us yet. I have no clue when they're going to."

She went on, "I'm getting on with the rest of my life and I'm booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture."

Duchovny said, "I don't know ... I'm pausing, and I don't know why I'm pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it's possible to still get it. It doesn't not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That's a question we'd want to ask."

He added, "This one was, 'Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.' But now it's like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I'm sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that's what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way."

Panarmenian.net
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 20 Jun - 4:58

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 20 Jun - 9:23

Gillian Anderson Denies that Fox Has an Eleventh Season of The X-Files in the Works

Janey Tracey
Monday, 20 June 2016 - 10:42AM

Sad news, X-Files fans. While Fox seems eager to bring The X-Files back after its highly rated tenth season, and the stars have expressed varying degrees of enthusiasm about returning to the roles, the reports that an eleventh season is already in the works may be premature. According to Gillian Anderson, she would be willing to come back under the right circumstances, but the conversations haven't started yet.

At the Fox upfronts last month, executives told the press that Anderson, David Duchovny, and creator Chris Carter were all "on board to do another installment," although based on everyone's schedules, it may not happen until 2017 or later. Now, in an interview with Deadline, Anderson denied that any talks with the actors have actually taken place.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 QuoteMark1 "I'm open to the conversation, though they haven't come to us yet. I have no clue when they're going to. I'm getting on with the rest of my life and I'm booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture." David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 QuoteMark2

In the same interview, Duchovny was similarly cagey, although neither are ruling out another season by any means:

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 QuoteMark1 "I don't know… I'm pausing, and I don't know why I'm pausing," he said when asked if he had the desire to do more seasons. "I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it's possible to still get it. It doesn't not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That's a question we'd want to ask. This one was, 'Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.' But now it's like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be." David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 QuoteMark2

But that being said, both of them are eager to work with the other again. For all of you Mulder/Scully (slash Gillian/David) shippers out there, Duchovny said the two of them had "tangible and palpable" chemistry from the first time they read together, and Anderson said that working with Duchovny would be a reason to look forward to another season.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 QuoteMark1 "David and I have solidified and intensified our friendship and our working relationship since the series ended, so it really is just going back and choosing to work with somebody, and feeling like we are doing something that only the two of us have the experience of. We're there for each other, and enjoy that in and of itself. It was something I looked forward to with this series, and something I would potentially look forward to doing again. It's a nice thing to have in one's life." David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 QuoteMark2

Outer Places
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 20 Jun - 9:25

Thanks
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 20 Jun - 12:48

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson Comment On The Return Of The X-Files

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 Xfiles111015-3-645x370

In an interview with Deadline, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson spoke about the return of The X-Files, which came back for an event series earlier this year. Here are highlights:

Duchovny on how long he wanted to bring the show back: “I can’t really say that I’ve wanted it to return, necessarily. I guess I just always assumed it would. I mean, when I left the show after eight years I had hoped and assumed that we were going to continue doing movies; that was always the thought behind it. It was just a sense, I guess always, that the show was not going to end in a normal way that shows end—that there would be some kind of an afterlife—and we just always talk about it. We always talked about the possibility of coming back, and what to do next, and who wants to do what. But after the second movie opened against The Dark Knight, and it was kind of a doomed enterprise in that way, I think we assumed it was dead. As television rearranged itself over the last 10 years, the idea of a season changed from 24 episodes, to 6, 8, 10, 12, or whatever. It became apparent that we could exist there, at least temporarily.”

Anderson on the characters being different than they were 23 years ago: “Exactly. Arriving at this character, and figuring out what part of a 50-year-old Scully still exists in this world, that’s the challenge. [At the start of the season] there’s a little bit of a distance between them, and she’s gotten on with her life, so there’s a certain sense of resolution, longing and melancholy. But a lot of Scully’s personality will always remain, and it wasn’t, actually, until I tapped in less to her seriousness and more into her goofiness that I found her again.”

Duchovny on if his work outside of the show changed how he plays Mulder: “I think so, but I wouldn’t necessarily say that the specific characters I’ve played have had an influence on Mulder. It’s more the experience, and if you go back to when we established these characters in 1993, it was maybe my second or third job. It was Gillian’s first or second. We were as green as green can be, so we were figuring out how to work. And it’s never good, at this point, to think you’ve figured out how to work, but we certainly know a lot more than we did back then. So in that sense it would definitely affect things, in a wonderful way, to be able to come back again to these characters we established when we didn’t know what the hell we were doing, and to bring to bear what’s happened in the interim on them.”

Anderson on her chemistry with Duchovny: “I feel like the chemistry was there from the very beginning. That was the foundation of it. After so many notes asking us actors to take looks at each other—after doing that I don’t know how many billion times—you start to get the idea that this was what they were playing to. Certainly, they exacerbated that beyond what probably felt comfortable as actors at the end of every scene, but I think that helps you solidify the chemistry.”

411mania.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 20 Jun - 12:49

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Tue 21 Jun - 11:33

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on whether they’re interested in more X-Files

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 The-X-Files-600x339

After its hugely successful return earlier this year, both creator Chris Carter and Fox have hinted at more adventures for FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, with Fox CEO Dana Walden even suggesting that earlier conversations were taking place. However, according to Gillian Anderson, she’s yet to be approached about the prospect of another season, although she is certainly open to the idea.

“For me, it was important that I thought of this season as being just these six shows when we were doing it,” Anderson tells Deadline. “The long insanity of the schedule [demanded it]. I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.”

While Anderson is keen, her on screen partner seems a little more reluctant to commit, with Duchovny stating that: “I don’t know… I’m pausing, and I don’t know why I’m pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask. This one was, ‘Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.’ But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I’m sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that’s what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way.”

Are you hoping to see Duchovny and Anderson back together for more X-Files? Let us know in the comments below…

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 2 X-Files-10x04-8-600x401

Flickeringmyth.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next