The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

3 posters

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO Empty David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

Post by sir Mon 16 May - 6:30

The X-Files Update: David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

You better believe The X-Files will be back.

During a conference call with reporters to tout Fox’s 2016-17 schedule, chairman and CEO Dana Walden confirmed that there have been “conversations” with series creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, adding, “I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show.”  Walden conceded however that there will be some scheduling hurdles to overcome, but, “Hopefully this time next year we will have more news.”

In TVLine’s annual “Keep or Cut” poll, a whopping 83 percent of respondents urged Fox to renew the series.

Series creator Chris Carter expressed confidence back in February that additional episodes were out there. “I can’t imagine, with the ratings that we’ve got and the way we ended this season, that there won’t be more X-Files,” he said. “They will find a way to get that done. Because I spoke about it briefly with [Fox CEO] Dana Walden today, so there’s an appetite there and… a chance certainly to find how we’re gonna get ourselves off this precipice.”

Tvline.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2007-05-07

Back to top Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO Empty Re: David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

Post by jade1013 Mon 16 May - 6:34

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO 122jg5i
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 116928
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Back to top Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO Empty Re: David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

Post by sir Mon 16 May - 6:41

Fox Teases More ‘X-Files': ‘I Believe Everyone Is on Board’

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO X-files-ratings

Dana Walden says there should be “something exciting” to announce this time next year

Fox co-chiefs Dana Walden and Gary Newman discussed their fall and midseason schedules this morning during an upfronts conference call for press.

They spoke about shows that weren’t on their schedules, most notably more “X-Files.” That doesn’t mean Mulder and Scully won’t return — it just means that won’t happen next year.

Walden actually believes they’ll have “something exciting” to announce on the franchise this time next year.

“I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show,” she said, citing conversations with David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and creator Chris Carter.

Also Read: Fox Fall: 'Lethal Weapon' as New 'Empire' Lead-in, 'Exorcist' Banished to Friday

Those discussions have included episodic order counts, Newman elaborated later.
“We feel encouraged by that,” he said.

Readers can check out the upcoming slate and schedules here. Nearly 90 percent of Fox’s upcoming 2016-2017 hours with be original episodes, Newman said during the call.

More to come …

The Wrap
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 16 May - 6:42

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 16 May - 7:37

'The X-Files': Word of Another New Installment May Be at Least a Year Away

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO X-files

The truth of another "X-Files" installment is out there... and fans aren't going to like it. The good news: Discussions are ongoing about brining Mulder and Scully back to resolve this year's big alien cliffhanger.

The bad news: According to Fox Television Group chairman Dana Walden, such an announcement is still a year away. (Which means the show won't be back until the 2017-2018 TV season). "We've had conversations with Chris Carter and David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson], and I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show," Walden said.

The issue remains Carter's, Duchovny's and Anderson's busy schedules. "Right now as we've talked about before it's a little bit difficult," Walden said. "The three of them are working in different places around the world. Trying to coordinate schedules, and hopefully that will come together this season, and at this time next year we'll have something exciting to share on 'The X-Files' front. All parties involved want to do more episodes of 'The X-Files.'"

Fox aired six episodes of "The X-Files" reboot to huge ratings this year; Season-to-date, "The X-Files" is the fifth highest-rated show of this season, averaging a 4.8 rating among adults 18-49 (when "Live+7" DVR and VOD usage is factored in). According to Fox Television Group chairman Gary Newman, talks are still in early stages, but some details are being discussed.

"We've had conversations with all of them that have included discussions of what kind of episodic order makes sense," he said. "Some of that will be driven by their schedules, how much time they have, but conversations are ongoing. I can tell you that Chris and David and Gillian would all like to do more of these, and certainly the network and studio would love to do more. So we feel encouraged by that. It shouldn't be anything you anticipate before the 2017-2018 season."

Indiewire.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 16 May - 7:37

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchovny Mon 16 May - 9:19

thanks
Duchovny
Duchovny
Phantom
Phantom

Number of posts : 17467
Emploi : Housewife
Your favorite David's role : Fox Mulder
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Tue 14 Jun - 7:45

The X-Files: Chris Carter Talks Return and Teases Season 11

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO XF_sc68_0073DJ1_hires2-e1465749298494

The X-Files returned to FOX for season 10 earlier this year, and there is a season 11 planned – it is really a matter of finding time in the busy schedule of the stars and others involved.

Chris Carter spoke with Digital Spy about the series in a new interview, and he gave fans the latest update on the next season of the series, which stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. He said the following:

“There was talk of trying to film them in November, but that said, that would mean I would have to be getting to work right now, and I’ve not even made the calls. I’d have to go into very quick action to make that happen, so, until someone gives me a clear idea about when they would actually have open schedules to film episodes, I’m going to continue on my vacation.”

The DVD set for season ten is out today in-stores. Are you excited that more X-Files is coming? Tell us what you think.

Tvseriesfinale.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Tue 14 Jun - 8:14

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Wed 15 Jun - 3:43

CREATOR CHRIS CARTER GIVES UPDATE ON THE PROMISED ‘THE X-FILES SEASON 11’

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO 13417557_1030625806975152_5221246788133799350_n

Showrunner Chris Carter opened up about the promised The X-Files Season 11 and about being proud of the most recent come back of Mulder and Scully.

The X-Files returned to Fox for Season 10 after more than ten years being off the air. The come back season for Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) only had 6 episodes compared to the past seasons. However, according to Digital Spy, series creator Chris Carter was proud of the last short chapter

He said, “I think we made good on the promise of the opportunity to come back, and I feel proud of the work.” He added, “We came back and did fresh, original material, pushed the boundaries of the show, and I think we showed that The X-Files has a lot more life in it.”

And because the showrunner was pleased with Season 10, he also opened up on the possibility of a The X-Files Season 11. At the moment, Carter said he is still trying to find a space in everybody’s busy schedule. And to address rumors that filming for the next season will begin in November, he admitted that he had not made the calls yet.

In the meantime, The X-files star Gillian Anderson was recently reported as the latest addition to the cast of Starz TV adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s novel American Gods. According to Variety, the 47-year old actress will play Media, who acts as the spokesperson of the New Gods. Moreover, Anderson’s character in the new show will be spinning stories depending on the angle best suits her interests.

Anderson is reportedly filming American Gods at the moment and that is probably the reason why The X-Files showrunner could not book her yet for the next season of the FBI drama series. Nevertheless, Carter intends to keep his promise on The X-Files Season 11 and he is just waiting for everybody to clear their schedules for it.

Hofmag.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Wed 15 Jun - 3:59

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Wed 15 Jun - 4:18

‘The X-Files’ season 11: Creator Chris Carter on eventual return for filming

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO X-Files

At the moment, there has not been an official renewal for “The X-Files” to come back for an eleventh season on Fox; yet, at the same time, it is not altogether challenging to imagine that one will come. The tenth season drew huge ratings, and ended up also bringing in better numbers for everything around it.

We don’t quite know when the announcement of more episodes will be coming, but creator Chris Carter is certainly waiting for it! In speaking on this particular process in an interview with Digital Spy, he makes it clear what he had heard at least at one point regarding a return to production:

“There was talk of trying to film them in November, but that said, that would mean I would have to be getting to work right now, and I’ve not even made the calls. I’d have to go into very quick action to make that happen, so, until someone gives me a clear idea about when they would actually have open schedules to film episodes, I’m going to continue on my vacation.”

Scheduling really is the primary concern here, given that both David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson continually have about a billion or so things happening. As for Fox, we’re not altogether concerned about them since they would probably part the Red Sea to get the show back on the air again soon. Once everyone involved confirms that they are available, the show will happen. The only thing you need to be is patient … but given how long many people waited for season 10, we imagine that this is something that can certainly be done without a problem.

You are going to be able to get some other news on “The X-Files” throughout this lengthy waiting period just by heading over to the link here! Also, sign up over here to score some other TV news on all we cover, sent right over to you via our official CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: Fox.)

Cartermatt.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Wed 15 Jun - 4:19

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO Empty David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson On Reopening 'The X-Files'

Post by jade1013 Fri 17 Jun - 10:18

David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson On Reopening 'The X-Files' And The Possibility Of More – AwardsLine

By Joe Utichi
June 17, 2016 10:00am

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO Anderson
Mark Mann for AwardsLine

A full 23 years after making its debut, Chris Carter’s cultural phenomenon The X-Files returned to Fox this year with a limited six-episode series, reuniting David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for the first time since 2008’s The X-Files: I Want To Believe feature film. Now, with Anderson and Duchovny on opposite sides of the country—she on Broadway in a revival of A Streetcar Named Desire, which wrapped earlier this month; he in Los Angeles wrapping a second season of Aquarius—the two stars gathered once more by phone.

In a wide-ranging discussion, they touched on how the show always felt owed an afterlife, recalled meeting each other for the first time, and hesitated when I asked about where the show might go from here. At Fox’s upfront press call in May, Fox TV Group chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman said the conversations had started with Carter, Anderson and Duchovny for a new order of episodes. Not so, Anderson told me. “I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet.” Added Duchovny: “The question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? … How do we make this interesting again for all of us?”

Even for the most optimistic X-Files fan, the return of the show this year felt like a surprise. How long have you all wanted to bring it back?

David Duchovny: I can’t really say that I’ve wanted it to return, necessarily. I guess I just always assumed it would. I mean, when I left the show after eight years I had hoped and assumed that we were going to continue doing movies; that was always the thought behind it. It was just a sense, I guess always, that the show was not going to end in a normal way that shows end—that there would be some kind of an afterlife—and we just always talk about it. We always talked about the possibility of coming back, and what to do next, and who wants to do what. But after the second movie opened against The Dark Knight, and it was kind of a doomed enterprise in that way, I think we assumed it was dead. As television rearranged itself over the last 10 years, the idea of a season changed from 24 episodes, to 6, 8, 10, 12, or whatever. It became apparent that we could exist there, at least temporarily.

Gillian Anderson: In my head, at least, was the fantasy of maybe doing three movies. I don’t know where that came from, but it was a shame the second was handled in the way it was. We knew we wanted to continue the conversation and try and trump that experience. The truth is, in no way or shape am I built for a 24-episode season anymore. But the idea of doing a small pack, and realizing that our series works best when we have an opportunity to show all the elements of it, which you can’t fit into a single feature, suddenly it could be allowed to be all those things it is at its very best.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO Xf_sc35_0009_hires2
The challenges in returning to The X-Files were not insignificant. “Mulder always had this gullibility and boyish wonder that I find hard, in my 50s, to act and make believable,” Duchovny says.
Ed Araquel/FOX

The landscape of television has changed, and the world has changed too, hasn’t it? You both played an excellent gag about the technology on Jimmy Kimmel’s show, and certainly this season dealt with cybersecurity and the way the Internet works now.

Duchovny: I honestly think the writers’ time is best spent not even concerning itself with the kind of questions about how the show exists now, because I feel like every 10 years or so people like to run around proclaiming that the world has changed and technology has changed us. And the fact is: we’re still humans. Our human nature is exactly the same as it was 500 years ago, let alone five years ago. And that’s really what the show concerns itself with; human nature, and possibility and the freedom to wonder and wander.

Still, we’ve lived with these characters for 23 years now. They’re not where they were when we first met them.

Duchovny: That’s the toughest question for Gillian and I, and probably the hardest thing to gauge going in. Mulder always had this gullibility and boyish wonder that I find hard, in my 50s, to act and make believable. That required recalibration, because the character, as written, doesn’t really change all that much.

Anderson: Exactly. Arriving at this character, and figuring out what part of a 50-year-old Scully still exists in this world, that’s the challenge. [At the start of the season] there’s a little bit of a distance between them, and she’s gotten on with her life, so there’s a certain sense of resolution, longing and melancholy. But a lot of Scully’s personality will always remain, and it wasn’t, actually, until I tapped in less to her seriousness and more into her goofiness that I found her again.

In that way, you’ve both found opposite ends of the spectrum.

Duchovny: I don’t know any other actors who have been faced with these kinds of questions. It’s a very interesting thing to keep coming back to something you started 23 years ago.

Anderson: I didn’t notice, though, until I sat down and watched this series, that I’m holding Scully a lot lighter and allowing her to take herself less seriously. That’s an interesting thing to observe and not realize you were doing until after the fact. And was that the appropriate approach? Well, clearly it has to be, because of the way we’re doing it, but there’s also that relationship of thinking one is doing one thing, and then observing it from the outside and realizing that it might be something else, and maybe that’s OK too.

Duchovny: It has to be, as you say.

Has your work outside The X-Files changed the way you play these characters now?

Duchovny: I think so, but I wouldn’t necessarily say that the specific characters I’ve played have had an influence on Mulder. It’s more the experience, and if you go back to when we established these characters in 1993, it was maybe my second or third job. It was Gillian’s first or second. We were as green as green can be, so we were figuring out how to work. And it’s never good, at this point, to think you’ve figured out how to work, but we certainly know a lot more than we did back then. So in that sense it would definitely affect things, in a wonderful way, to be able to come back again to these characters we established when we didn’t know what the hell we were doing, and to bring to bear what’s happened in the interim on them.

You may not have known what you were doing, but on top of great writing, it was the chemistry between these two characters, and the way you played them, that made the show more than genre television. Was that an instant thing?

Anderson: I feel like the chemistry was there from the very beginning. That was the foundation of it. After so many notes asking us actors to take looks at each other—after doing that I don’t know how many billion times—you start to get the idea that this was what they were playing to. Certainly, they exacerbated that beyond what probably felt comfortable as actors at the end of every scene, but I think that helps you solidify the chemistry.

Duchovny: That word always perplexes me, because Gillian and I never worked on our chemistry. We don’t come in, in the morning, and go, “How’s the chemistry? I really need some coffee with my chemistry this morning.” It’s really a mutual respect and enjoyment of acting with one another. What exists in the writing, as well, is that these two people are true partners and they complete one another intellectually and emotionally. Chris always used to say that Mulder and Scully were one person when they were together… by which, I assume he meant they were Chris Carter. I do think that’s very romantic, when you have a man and a woman treating each other as equals. And not just as equals, but as necessary components of one another. Without the other, they fall as people, as entities, as investigators. It’s highly romantic and yet not sexual, though there’s a lot of tension.

Anderson: They have a clear depth of caring about one another, and that’s what really gets people. They care about one another’s welfare, and so even if they’re at odds in their beliefs, their caring transcends that, through all nine seasons.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO Xf_sc42_0105_hires2
From their initial meeting 23 years ago, there was always palpable chemistry between Duchovny and Anderson.
Ed Araquel/FOX

Do you remember your first meeting?

Anderson: In the beginning of the casting process, when we were at network, David was cast and I was among a number of actresses being tested alongside him. They were looking for a match of which two looked right together, who worked best together, et cetera. We didn’t know each other at all, but for some reason there was something in the room between the two of us that wasn’t there with others. To a degree, you can manufacture that as actors, and you have to most of the time, but for some reason there was something tangible and palpable that existed between us, right then.

This latest season included a little comedy, a little mythology, a little horror. Did every episode feel completely different?

Duchovny: I would say that was the interesting challenge of returning, because in a full season, even if the writers had different voices, the directors were also rotating and so there was a continuity there. With this, it was almost like you had little movies, and the director became the keeper of the tone of the piece.

Anderson: I think over time we’ve learned how to interpret the different writers, and that it’s not appropriate to play a Darin Morgan script in the way that Chris would write you. So in the end, we almost become different characters.

Duchovny: Yeah, you become the Darin Morgan Scully or the Darin Morgan Mulder. With this season, we did two very dramatic and introspective Chris Carter episodes where Scully is reiterating that she can’t live with this man, and Mulder can’t find his mojo and doesn’t do what he does anymore. And then finally he finds something that sparks in him again, and he’s going to go do it. But now we’re doing a Darin Morgan episode, where I’m playing that same beat but I’m playing it moronically and comedically, and Gillian is doing that as well. It’s almost impossible, but very interesting and challenging for us.

Anderson: Because we built that road way back, the fans know the variables and they welcome them and accept them as a part of what The X-Files is. It would be interesting to see if our show would attempt to do that today from the get-go, and how that would be possible.

Duchovny: I don’t know what other show is like that. I can’t think of any other show that is tonally as expressive, or variable. And I think it organically became like that. It wasn’t something we were doing in the very beginning, but it slowly happened like that over time, and the show became this thing.

At the upfronts a couple of months back there was talk about this continuing. That afterlife you spoke of at the very start; is that still there? Is there still unfinished X-Files business?

Anderson: For me, it was important that I thought of this season as being just these six shows when we were doing it. The long insanity of the schedule [demanded it]. I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO Xf_sc7pt28pt1_0003r_hires2
Ed Araquel/FOX

Is there a sense from you of wanting to do more, though? Has this season increased the desire?

Duchovny: I don’t know… I’m pausing, and I don’t know why I’m pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask. This one was, “Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.” But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I’m sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that’s what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way.

Anderson: David and I have solidified and intensified our friendship and our working relationship since the series ended, so it really is just going back and choosing to work with somebody, and feeling like we are doing something that only the two of us have the experience of. We’re there for each other, and enjoy that in and of itself. It was something I looked forward to with this series, and something I would potentially look forward to doing again. It’s a nice thing to have in one’s life.

Duchovny: I agree with that, and it’s going to sound really pedestrian, and not at all lofty, but when I think back to the beginnings of the show, and what I thought acting was—what I thought I could do as an actor—the gift this show gave me was having to go to work. Having to work as hard as we did, every day, for 14 hours a day, over 10 months, for five years in a row. That was a gift in that I took myself to school, and taught myself how to be an actor. For both Gillian and me, it was really sink or swim at that point, and to be able to do that with great material, and talented people helping us along… it could have gone in another direction, so I’m thankful, I think, just for the hard work that it was in the beginning, and the appreciation it gave me for what I do. It didn’t kill us, anyway.

Deadline
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Fri 17 Jun - 10:20

Thanks
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Fri 17 Jun - 13:49

Is The X-Files Coming Back? We Have An Update!

by Merrill Barr | Jun 17, 2016 4:36 PM EDT

When we last left Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) in Fox's X-Files reboot,an alien ship was hovering over them in Washington D.C. as Mulder was dying from an alien virus -- naturally leaving us wondering what happens next. Can we expect to find out in a new season?

In a new interview Deadline asked the actors about continuing the show. "I'm open to the conversation, though [20th Century Fox Television hasn't] come to us yet," Anderson said. "I have no clue when they're going to. I'm getting on with the rest of my life and I'm booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture."

On having the desire to want to do more X-Files, Duchovny said, "I don't know... I'm pausing, and I don't know why I'm pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it's possible to still get it. It doesn't not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That's a question we'd want to ask. This one was, 'Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.' But now it's like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us?"

While Anderson and Duchovny may be currently in the dark about the future, there's no doubt that there's a big appetite for more. The series returned to an impressive 16 million viewers back in January, and though it eventually dropped to a still respectable 7 million viewers, the show was one of Fox's highest-rated dramas of the season.

Do you want to see more of The X-Files?

TVGuide.com
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Fri 17 Jun - 15:09

Thanks
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Fri 17 Jun - 15:13

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny Talk More Episodes of The X-Files

During last month’s TV Upfronts (i.e., the time before the television season begins when marketers buy commercial airtime), Fox execs Dana Walden and Gary Newman were optimistic that more episodes of “The X-Files” are on the way; and now it’s time to hear from the show’s stars.

Although Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are currently on opposite sides of the country (she’s been performing on Broadway in a play, and he’s in LA working on “Aquarius”), they took some time out to chat with Deadline about future possibilities.

Anderson said, “…I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.”

Duchovny adds, “I don’t know… I’m pausing, and I don’t know why I’m pausing. I would say I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask. This one was, ‘Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.’ But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I’m sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that’s what keeps us alive: these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way.”

“David and I have solidified and intensified our friendship and our working relationship since the series ended,” added Anderson, “so it really is just going back and choosing to work with somebody and feeling like we are doing something that only the two of us have the experience of. We’re there for each other and enjoy that in and of itself. It was something I looked forward to with this series and something I would potentially look forward to doing again. It’s a nice thing to have in one’s life.”

There’s a bit more of interest in the article so be sure to hit up the above link.  In the meantime, we’ll keep assuming that more episodes are out there along with the truth!
David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO X-files-1

Dreadcentral.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Fri 17 Jun - 15:14

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Fri 17 Jun - 16:26

No One Told the Stars of The X-Files That They Want to Make More Episodes

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO Cji0xgpozd3foulqzzsi

So, uh, I guess this is awkward. Remember when the Chairman and CEO of Fox said, “I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show”? Yeah, his belief was incorrect.

In a new interview with Deadline, Gillian Anderson said of the possibility of doing more X-Files episodes, “I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to.” C’mon, Fox, this is easy. There are only a few people that are vital to the X-Files, and Gillian Anderson is one of them! David Duchovny, whom she implies is also in the dark, is the other!

Anderson continued on to say, “I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.”

Yeah, and one of those other jobs is the perfect-looking American Gods. So, Fox snoozes, Fox loses.

io9.gizmodo.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Fri 17 Jun - 16:39

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Fri 17 Jun - 16:42

Hey FOX, don’t let ‘The X-Files’ get away

by Chris E. Hayner at 04:06 PM on Jun 17, 2016

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO David-duchovny-gillian-anderson-x-files-fox

After bringing "The X-Files" back in early 2016 to give fans a taste of modern day Mulder and Scully, FOX has been very open about their hopes for the series to return for another limited run series sometime in the near future.

In fact, during FOX's upfront presentation for the fall, FOX TV head Dana Walden went so far as to say "We have had conversations with (creator) Chris Carter and (stars) David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson ... I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show."

FOX TV Group chairman Gary Newman echoed those thoughts, saying, "Conversations are ongoing. I can tell you that all of them would like to do more of these, and certainly the network and studio want to do more."

It turns out that may not be the case, though.

In an interview with Deadline, Anderson claims FOX hasn't talked to them about further "X-Files" seasons. "I’m open to the conversation [of further seasons], though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to," she says. "I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture."

Do you hear that FOX? Anderson's schedule is filling up and it sounds like those conversations you were talking about either didn't happen or weren't taken as seriously as you would have liked. If you let this opportunity slip by, who knows when we're going to get more "X-Files"?

Clearly these two actors aren't in desperate need of work and returning to "X-Files" is more fun than anything else. Eventually though, that ship will sail and they'll be all booked up for the next few years.

The time for FOX to act is now. Sure they're got a big slate of shows coming in the fall -- and spring -- but why bot lock Carter, Duchovny and Anderson in now for another short season before everyone loses interest.

Carter has said time and again he's game for more "X-Files" if his stars are, so it's time to strike while the iron is hot.

Zap2It
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Fri 17 Jun - 16:58

Thanks
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Fri 17 Jun - 21:28

Why The X-Files' Next Season Needs To Happen As Soon As Possible

By Nick Venable
1 hour ago

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO F1532a016dc83c03a94c6cf23768cf51d55a144a

When it comes to this year's long-awaited return of The X-Files, the only real truth out there is that it was far too short and far too jumbled, though the majority of fans still found much to get giddy about. The sci-fi hit has no plan in place to return for more episodes, and the way Gillian Anderson is talking, Fox had better start making some big decisions quick, otherwise she's making no Scully-proof guarantees. Here's what the actress said about a potential eleventh season.

I'm open to the conversation, though they haven't come to us yet. I have no clue when they're going to. I'm getting on with the rest of my life and I'm booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.

Is it just me, or does it not sound like Gillian Anderson spoke those words while jabbing a pushpin into a doll's eye? Probably not the case, but that's about as forcefully as you can declare something without sarcasm or snark watering it down. Anderson is laying it out there that she will not simply put the rest of her life on hold just for The X-Files, since she has plenty of other projects to keep her busy these days, including The Fall and American Gods.

If you listen to Fox, though, network exec Dana Walden said that conversations were had with both stars, along with creator Chris Carter, and that she thought everyone was down with another round. But Gillian Anderson's comments to Deadline present a very different picture, and co-star David Duchovny didn't speak up to say that he'd talked to anyone either.

This isn't the first time Anderson is making veiled ultimatums to Fox about another X-Files season, as she'd previously made it very clear that she would not displace herself from her London home for an extended production schedule in New York or Vancouver. The bottom line of that meant that she would make the voyage if the episode order and the amount of money offered both pleased her. (Duchovny is down for a change in episode count, too.) The initial deal Fox offered her for this return did not win her over in the least, so everyone at the network had better think carefully about how they'd like to proceed as far as locking Anderson down.

Considering The X-Files was the most-watched new show of the year so far - and yes, I think anything returning to the air after over a decade counts as "new" - Fox should be throwing money and attention at everyone involved with the sci-fi hit. And time is of the essence.

Cinema Blend
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sat 18 Jun - 3:05

Thanks
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next