The House of David Duchovny [Forum]
Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello,

To access the forum, you must have registered,
then to access the entire forum you must have introduced yourself.

Looking forward to post with you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

3 posters

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 Empty Re: David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

Post by jade1013 Mon 20 Jun - 12:49

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 122jg5i

jade1013
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 116930
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Back to top Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 Empty Re: David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO

Post by sir Tue 21 Jun - 11:33

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on whether they’re interested in more X-Files

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 The-X-Files-600x339

After its hugely successful return earlier this year, both creator Chris Carter and Fox have hinted at more adventures for FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, with Fox CEO Dana Walden even suggesting that earlier conversations were taking place. However, according to Gillian Anderson, she’s yet to be approached about the prospect of another season, although she is certainly open to the idea.

“For me, it was important that I thought of this season as being just these six shows when we were doing it,” Anderson tells Deadline. “The long insanity of the schedule [demanded it]. I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.”

While Anderson is keen, her on screen partner seems a little more reluctant to commit, with Duchovny stating that: “I don’t know… I’m pausing, and I don’t know why I’m pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask. This one was, ‘Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.’ But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I’m sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that’s what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way.”

Are you hoping to see Duchovny and Anderson back together for more X-Files? Let us know in the comments below…

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 X-Files-10x04-8-600x401

Flickeringmyth.com

sir
Pix Queen

Number of posts : 100670
Registration date : 2007-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Tue 21 Jun - 11:34

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 122jg5i
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 Empty The X-Files Season 11 Still Renewed Pending Cast, Less ‘Reset’

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 11:26

The X-Files Season 11 Still Renewed Pending Cast, Less ‘Reset’ Pressure

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 Xfilescanrefd-700x400

"There are significant talks going on with the principals" on doing another season of#TheXFiles #Fox #TCA16
— TV Guide (@TVGuide) August 8, 2016

On more #TheXFiles, Walden noted that "going forward there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series." #Fox #TCA16
— TV Guide (@TVGuide) August 8, 2016

Dana Walden says going forward, #TheXFiles won't have to re-introduce everything to viewers which will give it more breathing room. #TCA16

— Marisa Roffman (@marisaroffman) August 8, 2016

No big new news on #TheXFiles. FOX wants more – “significant talks” with Carter, Duchovny and Anderson. #TCA16
— Eric Goldman (@TheEricGoldman) August 8, 2016

#TheXFiles Update: Story remains the same. Everyone wants to do it. Schedules are borderline impossible. #TCA16

— Jarett Wieselman (@JarettSays) August 8, 2016

Seriable.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Your favorite David's role : Hank Moody and Fox Mulder

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 11:29

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 11:36

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 X-files-renewed-cancelled

The X-Files Update: 'Significant Talks' Underway With David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for Season 11By Michael
Ausiello
 / August 8 2016, 11:20 AM PDT

The negotiations are out there.
“Significant talks” are underway with key X-Files players Chris Carter, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on an 11th season of the Fox phenom, Fox entertainment president David Madden confirmed at the Television Critics Association summer press tour Monday. “We would obviously love to do another season [but] schedules are hard. We’re working hard to get this done.”

In an interview with our sister site Deadline last month, Anderson insisted she has not been approached. “I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet,” she said, presumably referring to both her and Duchovny. “I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.”

Regarding the decidedly mixed reviews that greeted the recent six-episode 10th season (particularly that much-derided finale), Fox chairman and CEO Dana Walden said at Monday’s TCA presser, “The show was off the air for a very long time, and was introduced to a variety of new viewers [via online platforms]… They had a challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were and how they got to where they are now. I think going forward there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series. On our social platforms, the chatter was overwhelmingly positive.”

Tvline.com

Last edited by sir on Mon 8 Aug - 11:38; edited 1 time in total
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 11:37

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 11:45

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 X-files-2016-yet-another-real-photo-from-this-goddamn-show-1

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny in “The X-Files.”

‘The X-Files’ Season 11: Fox ‘Would Love To Do It’
TCA: Fox executives reveal that "significant talks" with David Duchonvy, Gillian Anderson and Chris Carter are in the works for a new season.

When “The X-Files” returned this spring for a short six-episode “event series,” fans and critics alike probably didn’t expect that the season would end with an extreme cliffhanger — one that creator Chris Carter told IndieWire was “me being devious. What it does, for me, is provide the opportunity to promote more ‘X-Files’ episodes, which I think everyone would like — including me, the studio, the network, and the fans.”

News on when those new episodes would be delivered has been minimal, however, in the months since “Season 10” ended. And we didn’t get too much of an update today at the TCA summer press tour — except for the fact that Fox executives Dana Walden and David Madden confirmed that they would “love to do it” and that “significant talks with all three of the principals” are underway.

(“That’s a very smart–” Madden began to joke in response to a critic suggesting that Duchovny’s agent was playing hardball.)

“The X-Files” was a ratings hit for Fox this year — or, in Walden’s words this morning, “it returned in a big way.” More than 16 million people watched each episode, and it reached 50 million people globally.

But not all of those people loved what they saw — when asked about the critical reaction to the six “uneven” episodes, the execs stressed their support for Carter’s vision.

“I actually think that the six epsiodes were strong,” Madden said, adding that the Fox team worked hard with Carter on Season 10 and that they felt it represented the vision of Carter and the writers. “There was strong work there.”

Walden added that “the show was off the air for a very long time,” and had the challenge of filling in the mythology and setting up the current status of the characters. A new season, she believes, wouldn’t have those same obstacles.

In short — it sounds like Chris Carter will continue to get what he wants. Though we’ve still got a while to wait before we see that that is.

Stay on top of the latest TV news! Sign up for our TV email newsletter here.

THIS ARTICLE IS RELATED TO: Television and tagged David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, TCA 2016, The X-Files

More From The Web

Indiewire.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 11:46

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 11:50

‘The X-Files’ New Season Update: “Significant Talks” Underway – TCA

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 Xf_sc42_0105_hires2

The six-season new season of The X Files was one of best performing Fox series last season, especially on-demand. Ever since the reboot launched, Fox executives have been trying to secure more episodes.

“We would love to do other season,” Fox Entertainment president David Madden said at TCA Monday. “There are significant talks with all three principals”, creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.  “We are working hard, and would like to get a new season soon.”

Madden and Fox TV Group chairman Dana Walden were asked whether the network would want to make creative changes for a new season of The X-Files since the recent one was met with mixed reviews.

“I actually think the season was strong,” Madden said. “The episodes represent Chris and his team’s vision, and we will take our cue from them.” ‘

Added Walden, “The show was off the air for a very long time. It was introduced to new viewers, and (the writers) had the challenge of filling in the mythology. Going forward, there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series.”

Deadline.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 11:50

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 11:57

The X-Files season 11: Fox execs address comeback criticism and the show's future
​"We would love to do another season," Fox president David Madden confirms.

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 Gallery-1454457718-x-files-home-again

It's fair to say that The X-Files' long-awaited tenth season was a mixed bag. Seeing Mulder and Scully together again was always going to make a lot of people happy regardless of the context, but those six episodes zig-zagged wildly in terms of tone and script quality, and got the reviews to prove it.

Speaking to reporters at the TCA Press Tour today (August Cool, Fox Television chairman and CEO Dana Walden addressed the criticism of season ten.

"The show was off the air for a very long time," Walden said, "and season 10 had the challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were. Going forward, there won't be the same obligation to re-set the series.

"On our social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive… I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. As with almost all shows, it was mixed."

So is season 11 on the way?

"We would love to do another season," Fox Broadcasting president David Madden confirmed. "There are significant talks going on with all three of the principles [Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny and Chris Carter], and schedules are hard, but we would love to get another season out soon."

Creator Chris Carter told us last month that he was very happy with how the new season turned out, saying: "We came back and did fresh, original material, pushed the boundaries of the show, and I think we showed that The X-Files has a lot more life in it."

Digitalspy.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 11:57

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 12:02

Fox Is in "Significant Talks" for More Episodes of The X-Files

Fox is negotiating with creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for another round of new X-Files episodes, network executives announced during the Television Critics Association fall previews Monday.

Fox is "in significant talks with the three principals," Fox Entertainment President David Madden said.

After nearly 14 years off the air, The X-Files returned for a limited run earlier this year, to high ratings and mixed reviews. Some critics noted the awkwardness of the show having to reset and reintroduce itself after its long hiatus, a problem that Fox CEO Dana Walden says the series would not have in future episodes.

"The show was off the air for a very long time," says Walden. "They had the challenge of filling in the mythology. ... Going forward there won't be the same obligation to reset the series."

Are you hoping for more X-Files?

Tv Guide
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 12:02

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 12:05

‘The X-Files’ season 11: Discussions with Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny underway

August 8, 2016

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 X-Files-1024x683

While at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour on Monday, Fox entertainment president David Madden noted that there are discussions in place already to get the show’s stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson back on the screen together for another kick at the can. However, he also noted at the same time that there are still scheduling considerations to be made, so there is no guarantee as to a time frame.

Given that Fox has already set their schedule for the 2016-17 season and the show is not on it, be prepared to wait for at least a little while. Our feeling is that if a deal gets done it is possible that we could see the show back in either fall 2017 or the winter of the following year. Duchovny has said that he would like to return to do more than six episodes, but also is not interested in going back to the full orders that were out there in previous years for the series.

One way or another, we figure the deal will get done just because Fox recognizes just how much of a cash cow the franchise is for them. Despite being dormant for many years, it premiered earlier this year to some extremely strong ratings and it also proved to be an aid to “Lucifer” on the schedule.

As soon as there is some further news on “The X-Files” to report, rest assured that we’ll have it for you over at the link here! Also, sign up over here to secure some other TV news on all we cover, sent right over to you via our official CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: Fox.)

CarterMatt.com
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 12:11

Thanks
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 12:13

‘The X-Files': Fox Boss Explains Why Season 10 Was Challenged

“The show was off the air for a very long time,” Dana Walden says

Scott Collins | August 8, 2016 @ 11:31 AM

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 X-files002

It’s no mystery: A lot of fans didn’t particularly care for this year’s long-awaited season 10 of “The X-Files.” But Fox’s programming boss says things are looking up for the franchise.

“The fans want more episodes,” Fox Television Group Chairman and CEO Dana Walden told reporters Monday at the Television Critics Association TV press tour in Beverly Hills.

Many fans had complained that the new episodes of the show about Mulder and Scully (David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson), two paranormal-investigating FBI agents, were not up to the standards of the original series, which aired from 1995 to 2002.

But Walden said things will get better for the show if and when it returns for season 11 – a return that seems to depend on meshing the schedules of the two stars and creator Chris Carter.

The show’s long layoff led to some creative problems that had to be overcome, Walden said.

“The show was off the air for a very long time,” she said. “There was a lot of time to cover in these 6 episodes. They had the challenge of explaining the characters” and what they had been doing during the interval the show was off the air.

Fox Entertainment President David Madden gave the revival a thumbs-up.

“Everybody reads what they read,” he said of the show’s critics. “I think the season, these 6 episodes, were strong.”

TheWrap
jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 12:15

Thanks
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 12:15

Fox's Dana Walden Talks 'X-Files' Future, Reboot Fever and a Silver Lining to Peak TV

oined for the first time at the TCA stage by David Madden, Walden spoke confidently about the No. 3 network's continued rebuild and IP-heavy lineup.
Fox TV Group chairman and CEO Dana Walden took the stage Monday morning, to speak at the network's presentation to journalists gathered at the Beverly Hilton for the first time without "the tall guy." (That would be her longtime collaborator and co-chair, Gary Newman.)

“No, I didn’t get a divorce,” she explained, noting that Newman was in the back of the ballroom. The network’s strategy going forward is to get entertainment president David Madden in front of the press more. (Madden, who joined her for the Q&A portion, will be paired with Newman for the January Television Critics Association press tour.)

Still, Walden did most of the talking, including evangelizing the networks many fall reboots. “Every show we ordered won its way onto our schedule,” she said. She echoed her past talk of "rebuilding" and emphasized that the No. 3 network among adults 18-49 — Fox still has the youngest median age among its broadcast competitors, a “super young 48,” she said — is “heading in the right direction.”

In her opening remarks she laid out some of the issues facing broadcast networks, which have a mandate to attract the biggest possible audience and that does not usually translate into critical buzz. “Broadcast shows have not been the flavor of the month for many of you in this room,” she said to the critics in the ballroom, adding that the explosion in content has leveled the playing field. "Now everyone is in the volume business."

Walden and Madden also discussed the latest with The X-Files, the issues with comedy, scheduling shifts and more. Here are the main takeaways.  

The X-Files' Future Remains Chris Carter's Call
Fox's public stance on more X-Files hasn't changed — much. "We'd love to do another season," said Madden, who spoke of it as more of an inevitability than a possibility. "There are active talks with all three principals. We're working hard, and we'd love to get another season out soon." Piggybacking onto the status of David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and creator Chris Carter, one reporter asked if there would be any creative shift after so many critics took issue with much of the winter's six-episode revival. "The show was off the air for a long time," said Walden, who said she thought the reception was "mixed". "There was a lot of time to cover in these six episodes. And they had the challenge of filling in the mythology. Going forward, there won't be as much catching up." Madden also noted that Carter will continue to shepherd any future for the X-Files brand at Fox: "If we have the opportunity to do more episodes, we'll take cues from Chris' team."

To Reboot or Not to Reboot? That's a Complicated Question
Fox is not just rebooting to save a few bucks on marketing costs, although Walden admitted that that is one of the key reasons to commission programs based on existing IP. “You get the advantage of recognition and then face the challenge of living up to the original,” said Walden. And she went on to evangelize the networks reboots: The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Exorcist, midseason's 24 and especially Lethal Weapon. The latter, based on the Danny Glover-Mel Gibson buddy movie franchise, “leapt over the bar” set by the movies, said Walden. And market research reveals that the show – starring Damon Wayans and Clayne Crawford — also is among the most well-received by test audiences. (It will be paired with Empire on Wednesdays this fall.) And Walden asserted that it’s too easy to generalize reboots as merely a lazy approach to content. The Exorcist, she said, “took us two years to work through the rights and find the right writer. We’re not interested in just rebooting titles. We have a lot of faith in these four shows.”

The Grinder and Grandfathered Got a Fair Shot
Fox bowed four half-hour comedies last season and none of them made the cut — including critically-praised The Grinder, starring Rob Lowe, and Grandfathered with John Stamos. And Walden admitted that comedy has become even more challenging in a time-shifted, multiplatform universe that is exploding with content. “Comedy doesn’t have the same urgency to view” she said. Audiences tend to watch comedies over a longer period that is beyond on the seven day window that allows networks to monetize them. As an example she offered up 20th TV’s How I Met Your Mother, which didn’t get much traction until its third season: “It’s not a day and time where we have that kind of patience.” That said, Walden asserted that The Grinder and Grandfathered had enough time to find their legs. “I don’t think our comedies last year were canceled quickly,” she said. “We gave them full seasons. They weren’t able to generate the type of ratings that would justify us leaving them on the broadcast platform.”

Thank Kerry Washington for Pitch's Move From Midseason
Fox made a swift edit to its fall lineup almost immediately after setting the schedule at upfronts. And, as it turns out, it was a response to a scheduling move from another network. What happened? "Scandal moved out of the time period," said Walden, referring to ABC's decision to sideline the series to accommodate star Kerry Washington's pregnancy. "The idea of putting Pitch up against a show that's a juggernaut with female viewers was not appealing to us." Bonus: Fox now gets the fall exposure of Empire and the World Series for the MLB-set show.

Fox Won't Rush to Repeat Grease Live!
Based on new talent deals, Fox is clearly eager to do another live musical event. What shape that will take, remains a mystery. Speaking in a scrum of reporters after the presentation, Madden said that it doesn't necessarily have to be a staging of a familiar Broadway show. He said they're also open to an original idea or mining their music library.

Ownership Isn't Everything
Few network heads are more familiar with the importance of ownership than Walden. Coming from the studio two years ago and overseeing the Fox TV Group with Newman, she has a current roster of 50 series — most of which don't air on her own network. But with more and more emphasis on vertical integration, she also insisted that there's always room for other studios. "All of the media companies are meaningfully into the content ownership business," she said, "but the ownership issue hasn't stopped Gotham and Lucifer from staying on our schedule." Lethal Weapon, perhaps Fox's biggest bet for the fall, also hails from Warner Bros. TV. "We all want to be on each other's platforms," she said, admitting that those shows do make for a different discussion when renewals are on the table. "It is a higher bar when it is a show when it's a show produced by an outside studio, but on a show like the ones I've mentioned. They're no brainers."

Hollywoodreporter.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 12:16

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 12:17

Fox Eyeing Another Season of 'X-Files': 'There Are Significant Talks Going On'

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 640_The_X_Files_Fox_Revival

The X-Files may be coming back.

At the beginning of the year, Fox aired a six-episode revival series with original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their roles as Mulder and Scully, respectively. Fox made it known during the executive session at Monday’s Television Critics Association press day that it’s not done just yet.

RELATED: 'X-Files' Stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson Dish on Revival Series

“We would obviously love to do another season,” David Madden, Fox Entertainment President, told reporters. “There are significant talks going on with all three of the principals. Schedules are hard, but we’re working hard to get this done and we would love to get another season out.”

Madden defended the mixed reaction from fans and critics on the creative direction for the most recent 10th season, which launched to 16.2 million viewers following the NFL’s NFC Championship game.

“I actually think that the six episodes were strong,” he said. “We worked hard with [creator] Chris [Carter] on the previous season. The episodes represent Chris and his team’s vision. Everybody reads what they read, but we have the opportunity to do more episodes and we’ll take our cue from Chris and his team, and I think there was some very strong work on the previous season and I look forward to more.”

Dana Walden, Chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, further elaborated on the critiques some have expressed over the six episodes, pointing to the 14-year gap between season nine and the most recent run.

RELATED: 6 Must-Watch Episodes for Fans of Fox's 'The X-Files'

“The show was off the air for a very long time and was introduced to a variety of new viewers through a variety of platforms. Notwithstanding that, there was still a lot of time to cover in the six episodes, so they had the challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were and how they got to where they are at the start of the six episodes,” she said.

“I think going forward there won’t be the same obligation to reset the series,” Walden added. “But I would tell you that on the social platforms, the chatter is overwhelmingly positive and the fans want more episodes. I did read some negative reviews and I also saw some glowing reviews. Like with most shows, I thought it was very mixed.”

In January, Duchovny and Anderson waxed nostalgic on returning to The X-Files universe.

RELATED: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson Spotted Kissing on the Set of 'X-Files'

"It was nostalgic," Duchovny told ET at the time. "It was just seeing the, just the names on the page again, you know?"

"I'm excited [we're giving fans] a mix of the kinds of episodes that we used to do," Anderson said. "There's monster of the week and there's mythology, and there's comedic, and it's nice that we have enough time to give an assortment. I think there's something for everybody.”

Etonline.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 12:18

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 12:20

Significant Talks Going at FOX About More X-Files

David, Gillian, Chris Carter 'On Board' For Season 11, Per Fox CEO - Page 3 The-x-files-home-again-168877

After The X-Files made a surprise return to FOX earlier in 2016, the network is looking at bringing it back again. Having previously teased the possibility, FOX network president David Madden said today at the TCA presentation that "there are significant talks going on with all three principals" and they "would love to do another season soon."

The network head said the six-episode "Season 10" of the show were good representations of creator Chris Carter's vision, and that "the episodes were strong." The creator wrote and directed three of the six episodes, which took fans back to the core mysteries of the earlier seasons of the show, while returning Mulder and Scully (and several other recurring original stars) to their former glory - and partnership.

"The challenge of filling in the mythology... won't be a problem" with future seasons, added FOX CEO Dana Walden, noting that having to catch new viewers up was a particular issue. Walden, along with Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Andersen, all expressed their desire to do more episodes as far back as the premiere held for the event series. Carter confirmed in May that he has ideas for furthering the adventures of Mulder and Scully, as well.

The X-Files originally ran for nine seasons from 1993 to 2002, though Mulder was only the lead agent from seasons 1-7. There have also been two films as well as spin-off comic book series produced in the franchise.

Have you seen Suicide Squad yet? Want to win a Hot Toys Joker figure from the movie? All you have to do head on over to ComicBook.com's Movie Database or click the image above and rate the movie to enter! A winner will be chosen August 19th, 2016!

Comicbook.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 12:21

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon 8 Aug - 12:22

'The X-Files': 'Significant talks' under way for more episodes

BEVERLY HILLS

The truth may be out there, but what about more episodes?

Fox entertainment chief David Madden said Monday that "significant talks" with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are under way to bring more of "The X-Files" to the airwaves, but nothing is set in stone just yet.

"We would obviously love to do another season, (but) schedules are hard," Madden told reporters at the Television Critics Association Press Tour. "We're working hard to get this done."

Madden and Fox chairman and CEO Dana Walden were asked to address the critical scorn that surrounded the six-episode 10th season. While Walden didn't agree with the criticism, she acknowledged that having to reset the "X-Files" story line presented some creative obstacles.

"The show was off the air for a very long time, and was introduced to a variety of new viewers (via online rereuns)," she said. " ... (Creator Chris Carter and his collaborators) had a lot to cover in those six episodes and had the challenge of filling in the mythology and explaining where the characters were and how they got to where they are now. Going forward there won't be that obligation to reset the series."

Eastbaytimes.com
sir
sir
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by jade1013 Mon 8 Aug - 12:23

jade1013
jade1013
Pix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next